The NanoLog daughter board is a daughter board for the bottom of the DE0-Nano to allow the use of regular or Deluxe CoCo joysticks on the MATCHBOX COCO.
There are 2 CoCo joystick ports, 3 audio channels, and 1 user header for a total of 8 ADC inputs.
This 2-layer board can be ordered from the OSH Park web site soon for about $44.30 for 3 boards ($14.77 each). The components to fully assemble the board can cost from around $4 up to $18 depending on where you buy the DIN jacks. All parts are available from Digi-Key.
The header, joystick, and A / V jacks are through-hole mounted, while the resistors are surface-mount.
Summary of the features:
- 2 CoCo joystick ports (6-pin, 2-buttons)
- A / V jack for 3-channel ADC.
- User ADC header
How to get a Nanolog board
- Buy an assembled Nanolog board from our CoCo store
- Ask around in the Matchbox CoCo facebook group
- Build a Nanolog board yourself (most expensive method)
Building one yourself? Order the bare NanoLog rev.3 daughter board from OSH Park (sold in 3’s)
A summary of the board components:
- (1) – 2×13 female header
- (2) – 6-pin DIN jack
- (4) – 10 Kohm 1206 SMT resistor
- (1) – stereo audio jack
- (1) – optional 90-degree 2-pin male header. Rotate inwards away from board edge!
DIGI-KEY Preloaded Shopping Carts for the components that go on a bare NanoLog board:
- I live in the USA and I want to assemble 1 NanoLog board.
- I live in the USA and I want to assemble 3 NanoLog boards.
Why would you need the parts for *3* NanoLog boards? Because the NanoLog PCB supplier (OSH Park) only sells in multiples of 3 boards, and it is cost effective to do the same for the components and send kits or fully assembled units to other people.